Rubik’s Brand Limited (RBL, We, Us or Our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
For the purpose of this document, the Data Protection Legislation shall mean any data protection legislation from time to time in force in the UK including the Data Protection Act 1998 or 2018 or any successor legislation and (for so long as and to the extent that the law of the European Union has legal effect in the UK) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any other directly applicable European Union regulation relating to privacy.
- The Rubik’s Connected Mobile Applications (hereinafter referred to as the “App(s)”) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App(s) onto your mobile telephone, tablet or handheld device (hereinafter referred to as the “Device”).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data We collect from you, or that you provide to Us, will be processed by Us.
Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding your personal data and how We will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, you can contact us at:
(a) by post, using the postal address Rubik’s Brand Limited, 10 Lambton Place, London W11 2SH, United Kingdom;
(b) using our website contact form at https://www.rubiks.com/en-us/contact
(c) by telephone, on the contact number published on our website https://www.rubiks.com/ from time to time; or
(d) by email, using the email address published on our website https://www.rubiks.com/ from time to time.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give Us (Submitted information):
You may give Us information about you by filling in forms on the App Site(s) and/or Services Site(s), (collectively referred to as “Our Site(s)”), or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to Our Site(s), subscribe to any of Our Services, participate in discussion boards (or other social media functions on or linked to Our Site(s)), enter a competition, promotion or survey, entering the Virtual Cubing Championships (as defined below in section of the EULA) or carry out any other activity and when you report a problem with Our Site(s). The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, age, username, password, personal description (including profile image), and any other information you provide.
- Information We collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to Our Site(s) or services, We may automatically collect the following information about you:
- Technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use (hereinafter referred to as the “Device Information”);
- Details of your use of any of Our App(s) including or your visits to any of Our Site(s) and the resources that you access (hereinafter referred to as the “Log Information”);
- Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your Device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site(s), (including date and time); product you viewed or search for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call Our customer service number (hereinafter referred to as the “Other Information”).
- Location Information.We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time through your mobile device settings (hereinafter referred to as the “Location Information”).
- Our App(s) and Our Site(s) may collect information about user demographics through Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. This information will only be used for internal reporting and not shared with third parties.
- Activity data. Some of our Apps and Action(s) are designed to track your activity. We may collect your activity data (for example, steps, location, distance, pace activity time) either when you manually input your activity data into the App or when you employ features in the App or the Services that are designed to capture your activity data.
- Contact information. In some of our App(s) and Actions you have the option of providing contact information to Us in order to get help from a human operator. We will not collect this information unless You specifically elect to share this information with us.
- Conversational engagements. We may use information We collect or You provide to us through our Action(s) to tailor and optimise your experience within the relevant platform and to provide the most relevant information, support and advice around the relevant subject matter.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the Services Sites We operate or the other Services We provide. In this case We will have informed you when We collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on Our Site(s). We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors, delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to Us.
- We may use this information:
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from Us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services We offer that we feel may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving any communication We send you relating to this at any time;
- to notify you about changes to Our Service;
- to ensure that content from Our Sites(s) is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- For the purpose of the organisation of and participation in the Virtual Cubing Championships (as described in paragraph 5 of Our EULA), We may use your information to organise the event and to:
- communicate with the participants of the Virtual Cubing Championships during the competition;
- send relevant notification concerning the qualifiers and final stage of the event;
- display the User Name of the participants on the LeaderBoards;
- display the User Name of the participants when they compete with each other; and
- relay other communications regarding the competition.
- Information We collect about you.
- We may use this information:
- to administer Our Site(s) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site(s) to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device/computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of Our efforts to keep Our Site(s) safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site(s) about services that may interest you or them.
- to provide you with targeted advertising that We feel may be of interest to you.
- for research purposes carried out internally or by trusted third parties.
- for the purpose of organising the Virtual Cubing Championships as described in Paragraph 4.1.b).ii.
- Information We receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to Us and information We collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with you.
- Partners and collaborators of the Virtual Cubing Championships to support them in the delivery of their services for the sole purpose of the organisation and of the events of the Virtual Cubing Championships.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist Us in the improvement and optimisation of Our App(s).
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If RBL or substantially all of its assets are transferred to a third party organisation, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to Us is stored on secure servers held in both the European Economic Area (EEA) and GDPR compliant international data processors only. Where international data processors are used, all appropriate technical and legal safeguards will be put in place to ensure that you are afforded the same level of protection as within the EEA.
- Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
- Our Site(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com; or
by post to:
Rubik’s Brand Limited,
10 Lambton Place,
London W11 2SH,
- A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that We store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our Site(s). They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of Our Site(s).
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around Our Site(s) when they are using it/them. This helps Us to improve the way Our Site(s) work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- ScorecardResearch use information collected through these cookies to help RhythmOne (please see the Advertising cookies section below) understand how widely its advertising services are used on the Internet. To refuse these ScorecardResearch cookies, please visit: http://scorecardresearch.com/optout.aspx
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site(s). This enables Us to personalise Our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to Our Site(s), the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our Site(s) more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Advertising cookies.
- You can click below to opt out of having the Platform used to select ads for your browser based on your online web browsing behaviour. When you opt-out, an opt-out cookie (from adnxs.com) will be stored in your web browser. The Platform will know the choice you have made when it sees your opt-out cookie, and will apply your choice to all companies’ use of the Platform. If you block or delete the opt-out cookie, the Platform will not see your choice. If you would like to refuse these AppNexus cookies at any time, please visit: http://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy#choices
- The opt-out cookie may not work if your browser is configured to block third-party cookies. If you delete your cookies, you will need to opt out again. There are browser plugins to help you preserve your opt-out cookies. For more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/PMC.
- The opt-out only applies to the browser in which you set it. For example, if you set the opt-out while using Firefox, but then use Chrome, the opt-out will not be active in Chrome. To opt out in Chrome, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.
- You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of Our Site(s).
- To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage the cookies on all standard web browsers, please go to aboutcookies.org.
INFORMATION ON THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS
- Where such products are offered, We will make clear to You that a third-party platform is being used.