App Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before using the App(s) relating to the Rubik’s Connected. These terms and conditions were last updated on 7 August 2020.
This end-user licence agreement (EULA) is a legal agreement between you (End-user or you) Rubik’s Brand Limited, 10 Lambton Road, London W11 2SH England, United Kingdom (RBL, us or we) for:
- The Rubik’s Connected mobile application software and the associated media (“Rubik’s Connected App(s)”), collectively referred to as App(s); and
- the associated online or electronic documents (hereinafter referred to as “Documents”).
We license the use of the App(s) and Documents to you on the basis of this EULA and subject to any rules or policies applied by any app store provider or operator from whose site, located at Google Play app store and Apple App Store (collectively known as the “App Store”), the End-user downloaded the App (the “App Store Terms”). Please be advised that by entering into this agreement, we do not sell or otherwise assigning the App(s) or Documents to you and we remain the owners of the App(s) and Documents at all times.
Operating system requirements
Certain App(s) may require an Apple or Android Device (as defined in condition 1.4 below) with a camera with auto-focus, internet access and a minimum of approx. 92MB of memory available for Android Devices and minimum of approx. 148MB of memory available for Apple Devices. The minimum operating systems we support are Apple and Android as described below:
- Android minimum requirements:
Android 6.0 or higher
Bluetooth version 4.1 or higher
- iPhone/iPad minimum requirements:
iOS 8 or higher,
iPhone 6s or higher,
Bluetooth version 4.1 or higher.
The App(s) may work on other Operating Systems but the Operating Systems specified above are the minimum Operating Systems we test on and guarantee that the App(s) will run for.
If you do not agree to the terms of this EULA, we will not license the App(s) and Documents to you and you must stop the downloading process of the App(s) now.
Should you agree to proceed and accept the terms below, you should be able to access and consult this EULA through the App(s) for your reference at any time.
- The terms of this EULA apply to the App(s) or any of the services accessible through the App(s) (hereinafter referred to as “Service(s)”), including any updates or supplements to the App(s) or any Service(s), unless they come with separate terms, in which case those terms apply. If any open-source software should be included in the App(s) or any Service(s), the terms of an open-source licence may override some of the terms of this EULA.
- We may change these terms at any time by notifying you of a change when you next start the App(s). The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the Service(s).
- From time to time updates to the App(s) may be issued through the App Store. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the Services until you have downloaded or streamed the latest version of the App(s) and accepted any new terms.
- You will be assumed to have obtained permission from the owners of the mobile telephone or handheld devices that are controlled, but not owned, by you and described in condition 2.2(a) (hereinafter referred to as “Devices”) and to download or stream a copy of the App(s) onto the Devices. You and they may be charged by your and their service providers for internet access on the Devices. You should check with your mobile or internet service provider for details of data and internet usage charges. You accept responsibility in accordance with the terms of this EULA for the use of the App(s) or any Service(s) on or in relation to any Device, whether or not it is owned by you.
- By using the App(s) or any of the Service(s), you consent to us collecting and using technical information about the Devices and related software, hardware and peripherals for Services that are internet-based or wireless to improve our products and to provide any Service(s) to you.
- Apart from the Services provided to you, the data collected may form part of the data used for the sole purpose of your participation on the virtual cubing championships (hereinafter referred to as “Virtual Cubing Tournaments”), when applicable, and as specified in condition 5.
- The App(s) or any Service(s) may contain links to other independent third-party websites (hereinafter referred to as “Third-Party Sites”). Third-party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third-party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
- Any words following the terms including, include, in particular or for example or any similar phrase shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the generality of the related general words.
- Grant and scope of licence
- download the App(s) onto an Apple or Android Device, in line with the operating system requirements set out at the beginning of this agreement and view, use and display the App(s) on the Devices for your personal purposes only; and
- use the Documents for your personal purposes only.
- Licence restrictions
- Except as expressly set out in this EULA or as permitted by any local law, you agree:
- not to copy the App(s) or Documents except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the App(s), or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the App(s) or Documents;
- not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the App(s), or permit the App(s) or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- not to disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the App(s) or attempt to do any such thing except to the extent that (by virtue of section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App(s) with another software program, and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the App(s) with another software program;
- is not unnecessarily disclosed or communicated without our prior written consent to any third party; and
- not used to create any software that is substantially similar to the App(s);
- to keep all copies of the App(s) secure and to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of the number and locations of all copies of the App(s);
- to include our copyright notice on all entire and partial copies you make of the App(s) on any medium;
- not to provide or otherwise make available the App(s) in whole or in part (including object and source code), in any form to any person without prior written consent from us; and
- to comply with all technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by the App(s) or any Service (Technology), together referred to as Licence Restrictions.
- Acceptable use restrictions
- You must:
- not use the App(s) or any Service(s) in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this EULA, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the App(s), any Service(s) or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the App(s) or any Service(s), including the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by this EULA);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the App(s) or any Service(s);
- not use the App(s) or any Service(s) in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service(s) or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service(s); together referred to as Acceptable Use Restrictions.
- Virtual cubing tournaments
- In the event that you should be confirmed as a qualified participant of the Virtual Cubing Tournaments as described in the relevant terms and conditions of such event (hereinafter referred to as “Tournament Terms”), you will be allowed to use the App(s) and the Documents for the purpose of your participation in these events.
- For the purpose of this document, the Virtual Cubing Championships shall be defined as a global cubing competition held in the digital global and local qualifiers by participants around the world.
- You acknowledge that, in order to participate in the Virtual Cubing Tournament, we may share your data with the organisers and relevant partners of the Virtual Cubing Tournament for this sole purpose. By accepting these terms and the Tournament Terms, you consent to the collection, use, processing, and storage of your data for this purpose as it may be further described in the Privacy Notice.
- For the purpose of the organisation of the Virtual Cubing Tournament, we will take appropriate measures to protect your data and will keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the above purpose or as required by law. You may modify and correct incomplete or inaccurate data at any time by notifying us of any change to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.
- Intellectual property rights
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the App(s), the Documents and the Technology anywhere in the world belong to us or our licensors, that rights in the App(s) are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the App(s), the Documents or the Technology other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of this EULA.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to have access to the App(s) in source-code form.
- Limitation of liability
- The content in the App(s) is provided for entertainment purposes only.
- We are not responsible for any data usage, roaming or other charges you incur when accessing the internet through your mobile or other Device, as specified in condition 1.4.
- We only supply the App(s) and Documents for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the App(s) and Documents for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We are only responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of this EULA or our negligence up to the limit specified in condition 7.5, but we are not responsible for any unforeseeable loss or damage. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time when we granted you the EULA.
- Our maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with this EULA (including your use of any Services) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in all circumstances be limited to allowing you to download another copy of the App(s). This does not apply to the types of loss set out in condition 7.4
- Nothing in this EULA shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury resulting from our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- We may terminate this EULA immediately by written notice to you:
- if you commit a material or persistent breach of this EULA which you fail to remedy (if remediable) within 14 days after the service of written notice requiring you to do so; and
- if you breach any of the Licence Restrictions or the Acceptable Use Restrictions.
- On termination for any reason:
- all rights granted to you under this EULA shall cease;
- you must immediately cease all activities authorised by this EULA, including your use of any Service(s); and
- you must immediately delete or remove the App(s) from all Devices, and immediately destroy all copies of the App(s) and Documents then in your possession, custody or control and certify to us that you have done so.
- Communication between us
- If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any condition in this EULA requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. We will confirm receipt of this by contacting you in writing, normally by e-mail.
- If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address you provide to us in your request for the App(s).
- Events outside our control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this EULA that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including failure of public or private telecommunications networks (Event Outside Our Control).
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under this EULA:
- our obligations under this EULA will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control; and
- we will use our reasonable endeavours to find a solution by which our obligations under this EULA may be performed despite the Event Outside Our Control.
- Other important terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under this EULA to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under this EULA.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under this EULA, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Each of the conditions of this EULA operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining conditions will remain in full force and effect.
- Please note that this EULA, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
This agreement has been entered into on the date of your first download of the App(s).