How to solve the Rubik's Cube: Stage 2
How to achieve the white cross
Holding your Cube
Holding your Rubik’s Cube with the white centerpiece on the top face, you must create a white cross as shown. Much of this level is achieved with practice and by trial and error… but we do have some tips.
- - Be sure to solve the sections of the white cross in the following order - blue, orange, green, red
- - Notice the EDGE PIECE COLORS above match the top white centerpiece and the side red and blue centerpieces. This is how we know the edge pieces are in the correct positions.
- - Keeping the white centerpiece on top, move the blue/white edge piece to the bottom face, then rotate it on the bottom until it is directly under the blue centerpiece. Now hold your Rubik’s Cube so the blue centerpiece and blue/white edge piece are on the right face. Rotate the right face until the blue/white edge piece is on the top face and above the blue centerpiece:
- - If your Rubik’s Cube looks like this, hold your Cube so the orange centerpiece is on the right face and start solving the side with the orange centerpiece the same way as stated above.
- - If your Rubik’s Cube looks like this, do the sequence below making sure the blue centerpiece is on the right face:
If your Rubik’s Cube has a white cross that looks like this picture, you can move to Stage 3!