Because many visitors to the Website are children, we make efforts to ensure that children access only the content that is appropriate for them. We do not ask children to disclose more personal information than is necessary for them to participate in a particular activity.
By using or registering as a member on our Website, you expressly consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. As we continue to offer our visitors new and different types of content and services, we may modify our practices from time to time. Please check back frequently to ensure that you are familiar with our current policies and practices.
Information We Collect (General)
Our Company does not collect personal information on our Website unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You might provide us with personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- Registering for, updating and/or managing your member account.
- Sending us an email regarding any questions or comments you may have.
- Registering to receive news updates regarding Rubik's or information about our products and services.
- Registering for Rubik's events or programs.
- Receiving incentive program gifts.
- Purchasing goods from our online shop
In general, to become a member, we will only ask that you provide us with your full name and email address. Depending upon the services being accessed or activities in which you participate on the Website, you might voluntarily provide us with additional information such as your full name, e-mail address, physical or mailing address, phone number, age, group affiliations, credit card information and other information required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. If an order is being shipped to a third party, we may also need the recipient's name and mailing address. We might solicit additional voluntary information through surveys, polls and the like. In compliance with applicable law, we will never condition a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use personal information collected only in the way we specified when it was collected. As examples, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To open and manage your member account.
- To enable us to process, validate and verify your registration as a member.
- To respond to your customer service inquiries.
- To understand more about you, so we can customize the information about our services, products and offers on our Website to your preferences.
- To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
- To conduct voluntary member surveys or focus groups in order to provide better services and products to our members and other customers.
- To enable members to participate in instant message chatting, sending e-mails, posting on message boards, blogs and other similar activities.
- To enter our online contests or incentive programs, subscribe to an e-letter, and receive notification of special offers, events and promotional materials.
In addition, we may share personal information with third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to: protect the security and integrity of our Website; to take precautions against liability; to respond to judicial process; or to the extent permitted under provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety. Aside from the purposes described above, we do not share or sell or rent your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
Access, Change or Delete Personal Information
You can access and update the contact information provided to us during registration, or modify your opt-out choices, by going to the member profile online page. At any time parents can review the personal information we have collected from their child, can refuse to permit us to collect further personal information, and can request that any personal information that we have collected be deleted from our records. A parent can contact our site operator to access, change, or delete the personal information that we have collected from his or her child by contacting us in one of the following ways:
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7727 5666
Address: Rubik's Brand Ltd., 7 Lambton Place, London, W11 2SH, United Kingdom
Please include the child's member name and the parent's contact information including email address in the communication so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.
Collection of Non-Personal Information
When you visit or use our Website, we may also collect non-personal information through cookies, server log files and "pixel tags." This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Website.
- Server Log Files. Your computer is automatically assigned an Internet Protocol (IP) address by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), which serves as an identifying number. Whenever you visit our Website, your IP number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files, along with the time of your visit and the pages within our site that you visited. The purpose of tracking your IP address, and any other visitor's IP address is to calculate the usage levels of our Website, help diagnose problems with our Website's servers, and to administer the site.
- Pixel Tags. Our Website may use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "pixel tags") to compile anonymous aggregate statistics about site usage and response rates. These pixel tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of our Website, to deliver services, and to help determine the effectiveness of our promotional and marketing or advertising campaigns. We may use pixel tags on our Website from time to time for this and other purposes.
Links to Other Web sites
Security of Your Personal Information
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. While we strive to protect our personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your information.